The Rasta Rastafarian Indigenous Village is a unique way to experience life of the followers of Rastafari. The village is home to a community of Rastafarians and is open for guided tours.Your Rastafarian Indigenous Village Tour begins after you have been picked up from Montego Bay cruise ship and taken to the Tropical Gardens on the Montego River, just outside of Montego Bay. Your guide will lead from here through a shallow river into the village. As you approach you'll hear the drumming and chanting getting louder.
Rastafarian Indigenouse Village Cruise Ship Shore Excursion from Montego bay
On the Tour you'll be told about Rastafarian life including the principles of living in harmony with nature and the role of Hailie Selassi in their religion. The masterchef then gives a tour of the village kitchen, showing the vegetables, herbs and spices used in Rastafarian cooking, showing the nutritional and culinary importance of each ingredient.
You will also be given a tour of the village herb library where your guide will explain the medicinal properties of the many herbs grown there and, in some cases, those which scientists are beginning to investigate for their use in scientific remedies. The village also has a meditative labyrinth you can walk around and engage in your own private contemplation.
Fantastic Deals on Rastafarian Indigenouse Village Cruise Ship Shore Excursion
The Tour ends on a musical note with a traditional drum and chanting session in the centre of the village. Herbal tea and fresh fruits are served to you whilst you listen. You may even be invited to join the drummers at the end of the session.Traditional jewelry, clothing and herbal remedies are made and sold in the village.
This Rastafarian Indigenous Village Tour is a must while on your Jamaica Vacation.
Rastafarian Indigenouse Village Cruise Ship Shore Excursion Inclusion
- Tour of the village and learn about the Rastafarian culture
- Gift Shop, Ital Meals/Snacks Available (Ital Food is cooked without salt, vegan, and fruits in season)
- Beverages: Coconut water, and sugar cane, Souvenirs, and drinks on sale
Rastafari Indigenous Village Tour Inclusion
- Days Available: Thursdays
- Tour Duration: 4 Hours
- Pick up Time: 9:30 AM
- Included: Round Trip Transfer, Admission, Gift Shop, Ital Meals/Snacks Available (Ital Food is cooked without salt, vegan, and fruits in season), Beverages: Coconut water, and sugar cane, and Souvenirs, and drinks on sale.
- Things To Take: Wet shoes, Camera, and towel (River crossing may be necessary)